Paper Folding, by H. G. Paterson was assigned by Charlotte Mason of the P.N.E.U (Parents’ National Educational Union) in the programmes sent out to home schoolrooms across the nation and Empire in the early twentieth century. Acting as an introduction to the Swedish discipline of Sloyd, it was used by children as young as six in their first year of formal lessons under the leadership of Miss Mason and was the book of choice up until two years after her death.
Out of print and virtually impossible to find until now this new edition of Paterson’s work has been fully transcribed and edited, and includes the following prominent features:
- Available in print or as a digital download.
- The print version is spiral bound for ease of use.
- All material required has been updated and simplified to that which is readily available to students of the twenty-first century.
- All models now include metric as well as imperial measurements.
- Instructions have been clarified where deemed necessary.
- Contains all the original drawings.
- Clear and comprehensive material lists.
- Clear sections dividing the text and arranging the work term by term, to cover an entire academic school year.
- Uses the same model rotation that Charlotte Mason did.
- A complete materials supply pack, including everything you need to teach Paper Sloyd for a year is available in a special bundle, or as a separate purchase.
Information on the third edition:
In our third edition of the book we have made the following changes:
- Projects using the gummed paper strips have been modified slightly so that every project starts out by using the same size of this paper type.
- The supply lists have been amended to reflect this change.
- Changes have also been made to the back cover of the book and an inner front cover has been added.